Earthwatch is an international environmental nonprofit organization that engages people in scientific field research and education. To achieve our mission, we offer research expeditions at exciting locations around the globe. Participants on these expeditions assist top scientists as they investigate important questions about how we can better protect our planet.
Location: Boston, MA
Position Type: Full time, salaried, exempt
As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing digital communications for the organization. You will assure the quality and execution of website content, search engine optimization, email campaigns, and online advertising. You will manage all digital projects on time, on budget, and on strategy – from concept, to build, to delivery. The Digital Marketing Manager is also responsible for the management of digital staff, while collaborating with the Marketing Team.
The ideal candidate would have strong experience with digital best practices, content management systems, html coding skills, and a track record of solving digital technology problems.
Client is a non-profit in the environmental research and volunteer travel sectors that offers individuals the opportunity to participate on scientific expeditions all over the world. Candidate must be marketing oriented with a positive attitude, strong communication skills, and the ability to juggle multiple priorities while managing their time effectively.
- Website Content Management – Ongoing strategic oversight, coordination, and management of website content based on input of internal stakeholders and needs of external audiences; Oversee posting of content via DotNetNuke content management system; training other staff, as necessary.
- Website Analytics – Conduct regular analysis of website traffic and page usage statistics using Google Analytics, and provide recommendations tied to industry best practices that will lead to higher quantity and quality of revenue-generating visits.
- Search Engine Optimization – Serve as the expert on most effective SEO techniques, and continuously help optimize website through content modifications and other means to optimize search rankings.
- Email Campaigns – Work with Marketing to help develop and implement communication strategies to housefile and prospect audiences. Help build and deploy campaign management system that works with the organization’s database that can be used to deploy and measure electronic communications.
- Online Advertising – Manage the development and implementation of online advertising strategy to support organizational programs. This includes Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, and other online opportunities, as recommended by the Digital Marketing Manager in collaboration with Marketing.
- Communications Strategy – Support the Director of Direct Marketing to annually develop an integrated communications plan to support the needs of the organization.
- Oversee any other design projects as the organization deems necessary, and based on marketing priorities.
- Report to Director of Direct Marketing, and be a valuable player within the organization’s Marketing Department.
- Ensure each project is properly scoped and adequately documented prior to initiation.
- Develop cost estimates and timelines for digital projects.
- Run internal production kickoff meetings for all projects for assigned client and check for understanding of project specs for development team.
- For web or digital projects, lead beta testing phases for all stakeholders, and ensure feedback is addressed appropriately while offering updates on schedule implications.
- Track the critical path throughout the production process; escalate potential risks to deadlines, deliveries, and overall budget. Update the project plan regularly to reflect changes to schedule.
- Oversee quality assurance (including proofreading, link-checking, etc) for every project, and that adequate time and resources are reserved.
- Manage external agencies and vendors who may assist with various Earthwatch deliveries.
- 5+ years of experience in managing a website, web based applications, email campaigns.
- Excellent oral/written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills to effectively work with all levels within the organization.
- A true passion for the digital space and the use of technology to enhance our lives.
- Understanding of online advertising best practices, including SEO, PPC and Google Analytics.
- Working knowledge of content management systems, such as DotNetNuke.
- Working knowledge of design applications, such as converting Photoshop design documents into html in order build email templates or web pages.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Send cover letter and resume to HR@earthwatch.org.
No phone calls please.
We only accept applicants who are already eligible to work in the United States.
Salary to commensurate with experience.